Disability Income Insurance
Our Service Guarantee
"I just activated my life insurance policy. I would like to thank you for going the extra mile to make this happen. Without your assistance I would either be without life insurance or paying a premium that is much too high for my health status. Again, thank you."
"I want to thank you for all of your help and patience. If any of my friends or family are looking to purchase life insurance, I would refer you to them."
"Christine was extremely nice and pleasant to work with. She was very patient and really took her time explaining everything."
"I got the privilege of working with Tammy today. She is very kind, informative and quick to the point. She is very knowledgeable on what she does and it shows. You guys have a good team member in her."
"Speaking with you has not only give me the insight of the importance of life insurance for the sake of the people I love, but also the importance of it for myself. Speaking with you showed me there are decisions in my life that need to be addressed if I want to achieve my goals...Thank you for taking your time to reach out to me personally."
"Christine Orris was my agent and she was VERY helpful in answering all my questions as I was inquiring about buying a policy. The process itself was very simple. I told her what I needed, she recommended the best product for my needs. Recommended!"
She protected her income - and you can, too
“I beat breast cancer – but I couldn’t work during chemotherapy. Thanks to my disability insurance, I didn’t have to.
I’m an executive chef, which means I’m always on my feet. There’s no such thing as taking it slow or working less hours. When I got diagnosed, I figured I’d power through it. But there were days I could barely stand up, let alone stand all day. And don’t get me started on the nausea while being in a kitchen…
I had to tell my agency I needed a few months off to deal with this. They assigned another chef to take care of my events and my clients, but it left me with no income. I didn't qualify for government benefits because my treatment was scheduled to last less than a year. I don’t know what I would have done without my disability policy. Without that money, stress would have made my condition so much worse. I feel very lucky to have beat cancer and made it through with most of my savings left.”
– Gina R.
Don’t risk your life savings to an illness or injury!Get Your Free Quote
No one wants to think about a disability.
But one simple action can protect your finances if the unthinkable happened…
For most of us, disability is a scary thought. If you’re disabled, how long will you be in recovery? Can you still work? Who’s going to pay for all the treatment you need? What about the family members who depend on your paycheck? These questions can spiral out of control. And none of them have easy answers. Or do they?Get a Free Disability Insurance Quote
“If I’m disabled, I’ll get government benefits, right?”
Maybe – but most people don’t know how hard it is to get them.
First of all, to qualify for government disability benefits, you have to be totally disabled and unable to work for at least a year. They won’t pay anything for short-term disabilities or a partial disability. They also require you to look for work that can accommodate your current level of physical ability. So even if you have specialized training – you’re a mechanic, an engineer, a teacher, a writer – they expect you to do other kinds of work, even if that’s not what you want or were trained to do.
Wouldn’t it be better if you could just focus on your recovery?
It’s possible – if you make one simple choice today.
Why Is It So Hard to Get Government Disability Benefits?
Paperwork, rules, rejections, lawyers…the list goes on
- Government doctors weigh in on whether you’re disabled. To decide whether you truly have a long-term disability, the government needs information. They get it from your doctor and your medical records. But if you don’t have a doctor or that doctor’s records aren’t detailed enough for the government, they’ll ask you to visit an approved Social Security Administration (SSA) doctor for an exam. This is someone who doesn’t know you or your medical history. Yet their decision will affect whether your claim is accepted.
- Vocational experts weigh in on what kind of job you can do. If you can’t do your regular job due to a disability, the government can ask a vocational expert to assess you and your skills. It’s their job to find out whether you can do similar jobs or lower-skilled jobs. But who are these experts? And are they really qualified to make decisions that affect the rest of your life?
- You must follow your doctor’s treatment plan or risk getting rejected. If your doctor prescribed medication, therapy, or even surgery to treat your disability and you don’t comply, the SSA can reject your disability claim.
- Your online activity could count against you. Because there’s a lot of fraud out there, the SSA has investigators who may study you and your claim. They can use anything they find to reject your disability claim. For example, if you post a photo or video on social media that makes it appear as if you can lift, stand, sit, or walk, they can claim you are not disabled. You might not be committing fraud, but if their investigator interprets it that way, you have an uphill battle to prove otherwise.
- In 2022, claims are taking longer than ever to process. Since COVID, the number of claims has drastically increased. Plus, as more people fall out of the unemployment system, they’re seeking disability benefits, further overloading the system.
The bright side to all this? If you have your own disability insurance, you can sidestep all these issues.
Disability Insurance = Peace of Mind
When you buy your own policy, you don’t have to worry. If you experience a disability, temporary or permanent, you’ll get paid. If you can’t or don’t want to find a new type of work, you get paid. So why don’t more people have their own disability policy? Because they didn’t even know it was possible. You worked hard to create the lifestyle you have today. Don’t let it slip away because you depended on government benefits that may not be there for you. Take action and protect yourself with your own disability insurance today.Get a Free Quote
My Recommendation: Assurity’s Simplified Issue Policy
I recommend this policy for my busy clients because it’s easy to apply and offers quick approvals. If you're between the ages of 18 and 59, you qualify for coverage!
- Easy application – just answer a few simple questions
- Fast turnaround – you get approved in days, not weeks or months
- Simplified underwriting – no medical exam required; if needed, they may do a phone interview
- Payments for partial disabilities – unlike the government, Assurity pays for total and partial disabilities
Why I Recommend Disability Income Insurance
That’s easy – it’s your policy, you own it, and you don’t have to worry about the government rejecting your disability claim. It’s simply the best way to protect your paycheck if you get sick or hurt and can’t work.
- About 65% of all Social Security disability claims are rejected.* That’s almost 2/3 of applicants who, unless they take further action, won’t get the money they need to pay bills.
- If your claim is rejected, your only option is to file an appeal and seek a hearing with an administrative law judge. Do you really want to deal with all that while you’re hurt or sick? And who’s going to pay the bills in the meantime?
- Even if you get an appeal hearing, 55% of claims are still denied or dismissed.*
- People who hire legal help are most likely to succeed. But the government pays Social Security attorneys either $6,000 or 25% of your past due benefits (whichever is less)**. That money is deducted from your benefits. If you’ve already been out of work for weeks, months, or even years, can you afford that?
Instead, you could be covered in days, knowing your income is protected!
With a history of more than 130 years, Assurity is a stable and dependable provider.
The company wrote its first disability policy in 1890. Today, Assurity is headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska and combines the shared resources of three local insurers: Woodmen Accident and Life, Security Mutual Life, and Lincoln Mutual Life. What I like about Assurity is their fast claim processing. If you file a claim, it's usually handled within 7-10 days. They’re also a certified B Corporation, which means they're committed to sustainable business practices and the community.
Why Work with WholesaleInsurance.net
Our awesome staff & licensed agents are here to help you get the right policy at the right price! Let us do the heavy lifting for you - we'll shop the nation's top carriers and show you the policies that meet your needs and your budget. Call 800-823-4852 now to get your free quote!
Meet the Team
“I’ve been in the life insurance industry for 25 years. In addition to life insurance, I’m also experienced in disability and property & casualty insurance (home & auto coverage). I especially enjoy helping my higher risk clients find the best possible coverage. The whole purpose of buying life insurance is to protect the ones you love! After hours, you can find me camping, gardening, hiking, boating, and spending time with my wonderful husband, two children, and fur babies.”
“I have 17 years of experience in the life insurance industry. I come from a teaching background, so my favorite part of this job is being able to teach someone who’s new to life insurance. I explain that life insurance is for protection. It prevents families from the financial trauma of losing a loved one so their focus can stay on mourning. My mother passed with no insurance, and we had to sell her things to pay for final expenses. I really do care about helping my clients and I don’t want them to go through that. When I’m not at work, my grandchildren and my kids are my world.”
“I started in the insurance industry when I was still in high school. Shortly after, I obtained my license and I’ve been helping families with their insurance needs ever since. No one can truly predict the future. But life insurance means you and your loved ones can prepare for the loss of income. I have a client that wanted to set aside money for his daughter’s wedding, if he was not able to be there. That brought me to tears. When I’m not helping clients, I love fishing in local rivers and lakes. Everybody can see me coming with my pink fishing jacket.”
* ”Does Social Security Deny You the First Time You Apply for Disability?” DisabilitySecrets.com
** ”How Much Does a Social Security Disability Lawyer Cost?” Nolo.com