Disability Income Insurance
Our Service Guarantee
Our Insurance Carriers
We work with more than 40 of the nation's top insurance providers, including:
Ready to get started?Compare Term Life Insurance Policies
"I just activated my life insurance policy. I would like to thank you for going the extra mile to make this happen. Without your assistance I would either be without life insurance or paying a premium that is much too high for my health status. Again, thank you."
"I want to thank you for all of your help and patience. If any of my friends or family are looking to purchase life insurance, I would refer you to them."
"Christine was extremely nice and pleasant to work with. She was very patient and really took her time explaining everything."
"I got the privilege of working with Tammy today. She is very kind, informative and quick to the point. She is very knowledgeable on what she does and it shows. You guys have a good team member in her."
"Speaking with you has not only give me the insight of the importance of life insurance for the sake of the people I love, but also the importance of it for myself. Speaking with you showed me there are decisions in my life that need to be addressed if I want to achieve my goals...Thank you for taking your time to reach out to me personally."
"Christine Orris was my agent and she was VERY helpful in answering all my questions as I was inquiring about buying a policy. The process itself was very simple. I told her what I needed, she recommended the best product for my needs. Recommended!"
Don’t Wait for Something to Happen
Act now and save
Meet our client, Tim. He came to us looking for life insurance, and after reviewing his needs, we also recommended disability insurance. He bought a term life policy, but skipped the disability insurance.
He called us back later that year, ready to buy the disability policy. Why the change of heart? Because his wife hurt her back and he saw firsthand how hard it was for her to get around and do all the things she normally did. Because he’s the breadwinner, he knew he had to do something in case he got hurt someday, too.
We helped him get an Assurity disability policy with a 30-day waiting period – the fastest payout offered. Now he’s protected if anything happened to keep him out of work. A car accident, an illness, a fall – if he can’t work, he’ll get paid. “It’s such a relief knowing my family won’t be affected if I get hurt. Christine explained everything to me and made it easy.”
Are you protected? If not, what are you waiting for?Get Your Free Quote
Protect yourself against the “what ifs” of life
Your paycheck depends on it!
Every day, you go to your job, clock in, and do a hard day’s work. Then you clock out, go home, and get ready to do it all over again. But you probably don’t think about what might happen if you couldn’t just get up and go to work the next day. After all, your paycheck isn’t a given – it depends on your skills, health, and ability to get and keep a job. But what might happen if something got taken out of that equation?
These are just a few of the scenarios I talk through with my clients.
If you’re like most of my new clients, you’ve probably never thought about losing your income. It’s an uncomfortable thought, but that’s the whole point. You can’t make a plan until you’re willing to ask the tough questions.
- What if you got sick and could no longer do your job? Some jobs allow you to work from home, but not all of them. And some illnesses, like cancer, make you sick enough so that you can’t even do that.
- What if you got injured and couldn’t work? The healing process isn’t the same for everyone. Some people never heal 100%, leaving them with aches and pains or things they can no longer do. What if you could no longer do the job you have now?
- What if you were prescribed a medication that affected your ability to work? As part of your treatment, you will probably be prescribed medication. Many medications have side effects that could make it difficult or impossible to work.
In situations like these, the illness or injury may prevent you from doing your job. That means your income is at risk – and your financial security. Luckily, there is a solution.
Protect your paycheck with disability insurance!Get a Free Quote
Disability Insurance Protects You from the “What Ifs” of Life
Did you know there’s an insurance policy that can protect your paycheck? You probably insure your home, your car, your business, your boat, even your pet – but no one talks about how you can insure your income. Disability income (DI) insurance does just that.Get a Free Quote
Disability Income Insurance:
An insurance policy for your paycheck
Disability income (DI) insurance pays benefits when you can't work because you're sick or injured. These policies pay a percentage of what you earned when you were able to work.
If you love your paycheck, disability insurance is a great way to protect the income you couldn't live without!
After all, 7 in 10 Americans couldn’t make it a month without a paycheck before running into financial trouble.*
How long could you go without a paycheck?
Why You Need a Disability Income Policy
It’s peace of mind you can depend on.
- You own your policy – it doesn’t depend on an employer. You can change jobs, go freelance, work from home, or join the gig economy. Your policy covers you no matter where or how you work.
- It pays you for off-the-job injuries, unlike Workers’ Comp. If you fall off a ladder while hanging your Christmas lights, you won’t qualify for workers’ comp. But if that fall results in a long-term disability, your policy will pay as soon as your waiting period is over.
- It pays you for disabling illnesses as well as injuries. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that illness can strike at any time – and have lingering effects we never expected. Your disability income policy pays you if an illness causes you to become disabled, unlike Workers’ Comp.
- It’s separate from the government’s Social Security disability payments. It’s an insurance policy YOU own that doesn’t depend on the government to pay your claim. Did you know that from 2007 to 2016, only 33% of Social Security disability claims were approved?** That means 67% of applicants were denied…and received no benefits. If you can’t work, are you sure you want to depend on the government? Will you have the time and energy to fight for your claim? It’s a risk I don’t recommend taking.
My Recommendation: Assurity’s Simplified Issue Policy
It’s easy to apply and Assurity offers quick approvals, so I highly recommend this particular policy for my busy clients.
- Easy application – just answer a few simple questions
- Fast turnaround – you get coverage in days, not weeks or months
- Simplified underwriting – no need for a medical exam; just a phone interview, if needed
- Total and partial disabilities – you get paid either way
Are you between the ages of 18 and 59? If so, you qualify!Get a Free Quote
Serving customers for 130+ years, this company is all about longevity.
The company wrote its first disability policy all the way back in 1890! Today, they’re headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska and combine the shared resources of three Nebraska companies: Woodmen Accident and Life, Security Mutual Life, and Lincoln Mutual Life. What I like about Assurity is their speedy claims processing – most are completed and paid out within 7-10 days. They’re also a certified B Corporation, which means they made a public commitment to sustainable business operations and community responsibility.
Why Work with WholesaleInsurance.net
Our awesome staff & licensed agents are here to help you get the right policy at the right price! Let us do the heavy lifting for you - we'll shop the nation's top carriers and show you the policies that meet your needs and your budget. Call 800-823-4852 now to get your free quote!
Meet the Team
“I’ve been in the life insurance industry for 25 years. In addition to life insurance, I’m also experienced in disability and property & casualty insurance (home & auto coverage). I especially enjoy helping my higher risk clients find the best possible coverage. The whole purpose of buying life insurance is to protect the ones you love! After hours, you can find me camping, gardening, hiking, boating, and spending time with my wonderful husband, two children, and fur babies.”
“I’ve been a licensed life insurance agent for 20 years. I started my career with an organization specializing in annuities, and also worked on the wholesale side before venturing out into direct to consumer sales. I consider life insurance a very simple answer to a very simple question: how will my loved ones manage financially if something were to happen to me? When I’m not helping clients answer that question, I’m a big sports fan, especially football. My favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. I’m also the single parent of a beautiful 18-year-old daughter.”
“I have 17 years of experience in the life insurance industry. I come from a teaching background, so my favorite part of this job is being able to teach someone who’s new to life insurance. I explain that life insurance is for protection. It prevents families from the financial trauma of losing a loved one so their focus can stay on mourning. My mother passed with no insurance, and we had to sell her things to pay for final expenses. I really do care about helping my clients and I don’t want them to go through that. When I’m not at work, my grandchildren and my kids are my world.”
“I started in the insurance industry when I was still in high school. Shortly after, I obtained my license and I’ve been helping families with their insurance needs ever since. No one can truly predict the future. But life insurance means you and your loved ones can prepare for the loss of income. I have a client that wanted to set aside money for his daughter’s wedding, if he was not able to be there. That brought me to tears. When I’m not helping clients, I love fishing in local rivers and lakes. Everybody can see me coming with my pink fishing jacket.”
* "Shock Poll: 7 in 10 Americans Live Paycheck to Paycheck," Forbes.com, 2/8/22
** "Outcomes of Applications for Disability Benefits," SSA.gov